Thanks to a kind grant provided by Manchester Pride Development Grants, we can offer some great volunteering opportunities for young lesbian and bisexual women.
- Allotment volunteers: planting, digging, building structures e.g. greenhouse/ sheds etc
- Residential trip volunteers: planning visits to other youth groups, helping run sessions, coming along as an extra pair of hands, and participating in our annual summer camp!
- Campaigning volunteers: Helping towards local and national campaigns for rights and justice e.g. Ending violence against lesbian and bisexual women, reclaiming positive body image, safety on the streets etc
- Peer supporters: people who want to provide 1-2-1 support for those coming out or experiencing issues in their lives
- Website and publicity volunteers: to help us develop and continuously update our web pages, our facebook and our work with the Media e.g. local papers and radio stations
YOU DO NOT NEED ANY PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE FOR ANY OF THESE ROLES, WE WILL TRAIN YOU!
So if you want to get involved please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a bit of information about who you are and we can arrange to meet with you and take it from there!
We will ask you to do a CRB check (police check) which we will pay for. If you have a criminal record it does not necessarily mean you cannot volunteer. we will review this on a case-by-case basis.